Sunday, October 9, 2011

Zumba!

I realize I haven't written on here in a while and I think that's probably because I'm not doing new things really so I don't think there's a lot to write about. My weeks are filled up with zumba class, usually three times a week, working, and on the weekends trying to see my friends and make new ones at various ex pat parties.

Iain is leaving Singapore this week which is going to be sad for me. We are an unlikely pair, he being in his mid-fifties and me being in my twenties. However, he's turned out to be the best friend I've had here. Having lived for so long in Hong Kong he always knows how I'm feeling when I talk about home and we always ask after each other's families. When I go to the UK in November and actually meet them it will be strange because they feel like they are my family already.

My Sunday afternoons won't be the same without meeting up in Little India and wandering around the mall. And I don't know who will be here to encourage me to go shopping and get my hair done and go tanning.

This coming weekend I am planning to cook my first Thanksgiving Turkey dinner with my friend Kyla for a group of our expat friends. I am looking forward to having some turkey dinner and to share the event with my new international friends. We have Austrians, Canadians, Americans, Mauritians, Brits, Malaysians, Singaporeans, Croatians and Kiwis coming. Possibly more that I don't remember. It will be an interesting evening I'm sure.

Right now my eye is on my trip to the UK and my trip back home for a few weeks. My good friend Christina is getting married on Friday and it's really sad for me that I can't be there with her, I was supposed to be her maid of honor and missing that important day for her is really sad for me.

In other news, I have found a new flat that I am hoping to move into in early November with an American teacher who just started at my school and his wife and a Canadian teacher that they share with. I'm really looking forward to living with people my own age and to having more of a collective space instead of feeling like I'm in someone else's house.

That will be exciting and I will post pictures of it when I am settled in. In the meantime, I am going to direct you to this video of a zumba class. But, imagine it with Singaporeans speaking Singlish and some very interesting Asian fashion choices and you will see what I do with myself three nights a week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlRPHHKJt7Q&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment