Thursday, January 12, 2012

Just to add some stuff to the delirious writing of yesterday:

Having Ben here with me in Singapore is awesome. The feeling of content and happiness I have when I come home from school is hard to even explain. To go from 9 months of long distance, co-ordinating phone calls across time differences, feeling alone, trying to relate to each other's very different life experiences to having someone here with you, sharing dinner together and telling each other about our respective days at school is like going from having a large knife in your arm to being massaged.

Also, going from entering a totally foreign school system in the middle of the year where everyone speaks differently and there is an acronym for everything to starting a fresh school year with colleagues and students that you know and a system you now understand is a similar experience.

In short, my life quality is improving drastically. Add to that my end of year bonus still in my account and the security of knowing you have enough money for whatever you might need, even if it were an emergency flight home and I'm a pretty happy lady these days.

Sure, I'm exhausted, but that's just this week. I'm really looking forward to the next 6 months and the challenges and treats that lie ahead for Ben and I.

Ask me what's happening in June, and I've got no clue, but for now, I'm fairly happy.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment