Sunday, March 11, 2012

Beijing!

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while, I'm finding with an added two hours every day of commuting due to the location of my new flat that I am more often than not completely exhausted at the end of the day and I barely have time to think let alone post on my blog.

The good thing is that next week is our March holiday, and even though I long ago learned that they don't believe in holidays in Singapore, I managed to get a flight and hotel booked to go to Beijing with Ben for a few days. I'm going to get to see the Great Wall of China and finally see what all the fuss is about with Ben and his love of China.

I'm looking forward to getting away for a few days and to going on holiday with Ben for the first time.

On the job front, things are intense and busy and exhausting. My contract ends in June and I am supposed to hear from the Ministry about a contract renewal offer in April. In the meantime I am exploring drama jobs in high schools in London. I started out the whole overseas teaching thing wanting to go to England so I thought I owe it to myself to continue to look at what options would be possible there. Now that I've been able to actually go to London I know that I would love living there for a year or two so we'll see what happens. I'm also thinking about possibly working in Beijing, my friend Iain is looking at jobs there and Ben might like to go to school in China so that would be a way for us to be together. That being said, I'll see how I like China while I'm there and if I think it is somewhere that I could see myself living.

Ok, I'm going to go continue relaxing and enjoying my Sunday, as I had to work on Saturday and even though Monday is the first day of our "holiday" I have an all day meeting for the English department to attend tomorrow. Oh well, Tuesday morning we leave for China!

No comments:

Post a Comment