Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Medical Check

So, this isn't particularly exciting but it's kind of part of the process. Tomorrow I have to go and get a full physical exam to make sure that I am medically fit to be an "Education Officer" (yes, that will be my official title over there.) This is the last big hurdle, well aside from packing my life into two 50lb suitcases, selling and giving away pretty much everything else that I own, saying goodbye to the incredibly vast quantity of people that I am going to miss like hell while I'm gone and actually flying across the globe. However, barring any unforseen horrifying illnesses, I will have the last document sent off to Singapore that I need to complete the process by Thursday.

On New Year's Day I felt like I underwent a change and started to get really friggin excited about this whole thing. Up until then I'd been excited but also worried and scared and when the new year started I let that go and just let the excitement roll in.

There will be so many things filling the next 47 days that I know they will fly by and before I know it I will be watching the sun rise on an entirely new world. Can't. Wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment