Sunday, August 13, 2017

Nevegal Night One

I am here now in Nevegal which is in the mountains of Northern Italy n my keyboard has decieded again that it doesn't like to give me all of the letters that I need to write in English so I m doing my best but it makes writing this very, very tedious.

I met up with the people from the company I m working for at the Mestre station after waiting about 3 hours for something to happen and finding that there were no laundromats to be found anywhere that were open. I immediately started making friends with all of the other tutors as we are called because most of these people are educators of some kind, or at least interested in education, and a lot of people are also drama folks.

My roomates are two super fly ladies, whose names I like an idiot do not have down pat, but already we have been talking some deep talks about relationships and geopolitics, because I'm me and I can't help but go on tirades against white supremacy at every turn. It was nice to see my roomates who are both ladies of colour smile when I made a joke about shitty white people and relax a bit knowing that I'm not a Trump flogger.

I'm looking forward to the week ahead as we do drama games and learn about how these camps are run and while we all learn about each other and where we come from. There are people from Ireland, Scotland, England, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, America and Toronto (yay!) so there's a fun group of us from all over the place and I can tell already that we are going to have a blast together. The WiFi situation here is a bit dodgy and it's only available in one part of the "resort" but I have data on my phone and I can bring my laptop down here in the evening to write an update if I feel like I need to. This is probably goin to be the more boring part for you readers of my adventures until I go to Dublin or start moving around Italy to work, but for right now it is beautiful here in the mountains and you can rest assured that I am having a blast with some super fun folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment