Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I am Alive!

Hello blogosphere! I know I have left you all abandoned and such, and for that I apologize. I assure you if you had my schedule you would understand! As they say here "So beezee ah!".

My first week of teaching like a real person has been insane, lots of running around and trying to figure out where I need to be, what I need to be doing and how exactly to convince a group of 40 kids that they should listen to me. On top of that, I've got extra duties, and the Founder's Day presentation I have been working on with my students for the last month is on Saturday so of course everything is stressful and seems like it is going to fall apart because that's how theatre goes.

All of this distracts me quite effectively from that horrible lonely monster waiting for me back at my flat at the end of the day. The thing is, since Ben came, I actually feel like the monster has become a small little mouse. It's still there, and it can make some noise and mess with me, but most of the time I can ignore it. I think that the depression and culture shock I was going through the last little while is really diminished and it's only now that I can see clearly that it was really a depression at all.

So, with that, I Go Forward (our school's motto and the title of our drama piece) and continue to tread water in the thrashing sea I find myself in, hoping to keep my head about the water. I promise that I will come on and write about all of the lovely things that Ben and I did while he was here on the weekend, though not Saturday of course because I am working that entire day. Luckily Monday is a holiday. Oi!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there ..... will watch this space for further developments now that we no longer feel 'abandoned' ... ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete