Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Malaysia

Today our staff went on a trip to Malaysia. It was an exciting experience to go to another country and it felt sort of like going to the States for a day from Canada. It started with me being detained before we even got out of Singapore because I left my wallet in the bus thinking I just needed my passport only to find that they needed to see my employment pass. Fortunately, it wasn't very long before we were all back on the road.

We had breakfast of Nasi Lemak, which is rice cooked in coconut milk and panadan which was pretty tasty and then we did a batik painting workshop. The rest of the day we spent going to different places to shop, I got some Malaysian coffee and ate a whole bunch of durian.

It was cool to see another part of this area of the world but I did find by the end of the day I was looking forward to coming back to Singapore. Once we crossed the border I was happy to see the familiar sights of our buses and streets.

Ben arrives next week and I am getting super excited about it. The next week I am spending pretty much still at school with different programs and organizing my drama students for our Founder's Day performance that I wrote the script for.

No comments:

Post a Comment