Sunday, August 7, 2011

BBQ

Work keeps me pretty busy so I'm sorry it's been so long since my last post. You will be pleased to know that I am still on my health kick, going to Zumba class and walking more. Also, still on the quit train which is not as hard as it's been in the past.

The really good thing these days is that I met a new friend through the beauty we know as facebook. She taught in the Dominican Republic with a girl I went to teacher's college with who put us in touch when she found out that her friend was coming here to Singapore. Her name is Kyla and we have lots in common and I think will be good friends. We went to Zumba class this weekend together and I invited her to a barbeque at a guy from school's condo with Iain and we had a really great time. The people there were all really nice, from all over the place, Austria, France, Sweden, Singapore, UK. Expats are all an interesting breed, I think it takes a certain personality type to move across the world so we tend to get along with each other.

This week is a short week because of National Day, which is great because some of the people from the party invited Kyla and I to go surfing at the wave house at Sentosa which I think is going to be a pretty cool challenge. I've never been surfing and I generally tend to avoid physical activity but my new health kick says to go for it and enjoy myself. Also, it won't hurt to work on my tan...

No comments:

Post a Comment