Thursday, April 14, 2011

Bronze!

We got our results yesterday with bated breath for SYF and found out that the students got a bronze medal. I'm really proud of how hard they worked and I know that they all know that they put in their very best on the day of their performance. We had a celebration with the kids with pizza and I found out that some of them have found this blog by searching for SYF on the Internet.

The next project for the Drama Club is the Literature Festival that takes place in July where students make a trailer for a book so I think that will be the next adventure in Drama. In the meantime the Drama Club stands down and we only meet once a week for the rest of the term. As much as I have spent many a 12 hour day at school with the drama kids in the past few weeks it has really been my pleasure and I will miss going to the performing arts studio every night for the next little while.

On the teaching front I am planning my first lesson for one of the classes that I have been observing and will hopefully be teaching it on Monday.

Tonight our drama club was invited to a performance from a school that got a Gold with honors on their SYF presentation so we are going to see what exactly the judges were looking for this year to get some ideas for next time. I also think I am going to a Scottish themed party that one of the other teachers from Michael's school invited me to and likely will spend countless hours on Skype again this weekend. I told Ali on facebook the other day that it feels like I have become a hermit with a bumpin social life because I spend my weekends inside my house talking to tons of people. Maybe it's what it feels like to be a WOW nerd?

No comments:

Post a Comment