Wednesday, April 20, 2011

No Jakarta :(

Things fell through with the Jakarta plans, so I will be staying on the Island this weekend. Of course, there are much worse places to have three days of free time in than lovely S'pore. My only goal it to get into the water somewhere, be it the beach or a swimming pool, I just want to go swimming! We are now planning to have our vacation on the next long weekend which is Singapore's labor day and if we actually manage to get things booked in advance it should work out.

On the teaching front I got to teach two lessons this week and while they may not have been the most spectacular pieces of pedagogical craft work, they at least achieved their desired goal and got my foot in the door. This term is quickly wrapping up and soon there will be lots of exam writing and marking I imagine. I am hoping that soon I find out which classes I will be assigned for the next term so that I will know who and what I will be teaching.

Snapshot of Singapore for the day: Students in a class doing a presentation, when pointed out that they have misspelled words on their slides a loud exclamation of "Ah yio!" which is my favorite Singapore saying right now. It so satisfyingly expresses the sense of frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment