Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Weekend Over

Well, Monday found me again, as she always does. I'm back at work and at my desk. I like being at school though so don't think I'm complaining.

I had a great weekend, being able to go out with some friends was a great relief to the oppressive loneliness that I feel sometimes during the weeks when I am stuck in Tampines watching Skins on the Internet. I got to go to Arab Street with Iain on Saturday and that was a lot of fun. We found Haji Lane which is a street I had read about online that has lots of shops by Singaporean designers that make clothes and jewelry and things like that. We also went and got some Egyptian food that of course reminded me very much of being in Windsor and noshing on Shwarma! It's funny that the white girls misses home in the midst of Little Arabia, but there you go.

Sunday I spent on my own generally loafing about and cleaning my room and talking to Ben. It was good to have a chunk of time where we could talk and remember the first time we kissed and all the stupid foolish things we were afraid of when we first got together and realized we liked each other.

There is an art exhibition of Van Gogh's work coming to Singapore and they are offering free admission to teachers so I signed up to go with some of my teacher friends on the public holiday in May. It's always handy to know the arts teachers because they know where the cool stuff is at. As well, I have a meeting this week with the Stage Club, which is a theatre group here in Singapore that I head about through one of the drama trainers that come into the school so I'm hoping to have a creative outlet there and maybe get the chance to do some acting while I'm here.

No comments:

Post a Comment