Sunday, May 1, 2011

Makeover!

This week I've been feeling sort of down and missing home so my friend decided I needed a makeover. He started with some new shoes and convinced me that I needed something with a little heel. I'm not the heel wearing sort, but I needed professional shoes that cover my tattoo for work so I got them. I found that while I was walking about I actually felt kind of fancy. I guess the lesson of the week has been dress for sucess and that I'm a hot little lady so I ought to dress the part. Seeing as I'm a professional with a salary and stuff now, so I let him take over the other parts too.

We ended up going yesterday to Little India for facials and to have our eyebrows threaded (highlight being Iain getting his done and watching him flinch and curse while the lady ripped out his eyebrow hairs, but he was a good sport about the whole thing) then we went and got some new clothes for me, two of which are nice dresses. I've also not been much for wearing dresses and really not one for showing leg, always opting for shorts that went down past my knees. But dang it, it's time to be a lady and stuff. So I got some nice dresses for work that will go with my heels and we finished it off with a new hairstyle, and a new colour.

The thing about Asian women is that they are incredibly beautiful and largely really well put together. Walking down the street I feel like I giant hobo next to these heavily coiffed, perfectly put together paragons of femininity. So I'm trying to up my game a little while still being me and I think that this weekend helped me get closer to there. Feeling confident isn't just about knowing you're awesome, because I already do, but it also comes from the way that you present yourself. So I guess my focus now is showing the world on the outside what a badass I am on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment