Monday, May 2, 2011

Never Alone

As you may have noticed, I've been feeling a little down lately. Homesickness is starting to catch up to me and the grating element of being in a long distance relationship is starting to take its toll. However, as I have been reminded time and time again when things get rough, I am never alone.

I would like to send a shout out to all of the people on facebook who responded to me posting that I wanted to go to a Shopper's Drug Mart and especially Nicole who actually went to one, bought me the stuff I needed and sent it out in a package. When it arrives I will post pictures and I am sure to send her an awesome package of cool Asian stuff.

Also, I'd like to shout out to Christina Steinhaus, who is there for me no matter how far away we are from each other and if I Skype her with tears in my eyes she immediately tells Louie to get out of the way and gets to work on making me feel better.

I'd like to thank my Dad for always being there for me and caring enough about me to be worried all the time. I can't imagine how scary it is the be a parent with a kid in Asia but I am grateful that he loves me and trusts me enough to let me come here.

I'd like to thank my Mom, who Skypes me with a banana in her hand and checks out if there are music festivals in Australia when I say I'm sad to miss Hillside this year.

I'd like to thank Kirstyn Logan for giving up her breaks at Starbucks to Viber me and see how I'm doing and for calling me when I'm on a patio on Emerald Hill because she reminds me that I have good friends when I need to be reminded the most.

I'd like to thank Nicky for always sending me updates on her random adventures, even though I'm on the other side of the world. If I didn't get those updates I wouldn't feel like I knew what was going on in the world.

Thank you everyone on facebook who comments on my pictures and tells me they are proud of me. Thank you Kat Quinlan for sending me a message to remind me that I can be a good friend to people and that there are good people who love me.

I'd like to thank Dave Harland for Skyping me and sharing his happiness with me, I'm glad that you are in a good place and I'm glad that we have stayed such good friends.

Thanks to James, to Scott, to Ariel, to Micheline, to Tim Johnston, to Ali Foster, to Juanita, to Ruth Anne, to Denise and Marlon, and everyone else I might have forgot who has been so supportive of me on this crazy quest.

Lastly, thank you to Ben who loved me enough to encourage me to leave him, who takes the effort every day to call me and manage his time around a 12 hour's difference, who finds a way to make me smile no matter how down I feel and who send me love letters when I say I feel insecure. Thank you for thinking I'm beautiful, and for believing in me enough to support me on this adventure.

It's all of you who constantly remind me that I'm not alone in the world, not even close and I never, ever will be. Thank you so much for the support and the myriad of ways that you have all helped me to be a little stronger or a little better. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you.

2 comments:

  1. a lovely post indeed ..... there are many people, some you probably don't even know, that are reading this blog and thinking about you and how you are coping 'living on the flip side' ....

    hang in there and always remember "you are not alone"!

    There are probably a few people - even here in Singapore - that would feel very honoured to have the support that you do.

    I shall look forward to reading future blog posts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Bea! Perhaps so many people have "helped" and loved you because you are such a loveable young woman!

    ReplyDelete