Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Snoopy Dance

You know when Snoopy does that dance when he's super happy? That's how my heart feels right now because Ben booked his ticket to come and visit me here in Singapore for my June holidays!! That means that for more than two weeks I will get to have Ben here and we will be able to explore Singapore and eat lots of food and just be super happy. I'll have two weeks of not having to figure out time differences and work schedules and sleep schedules to try and get to talk to him. Needless to say, I'm super pumped.

Also, for our school's staff retreat I just found out that we are going to Malaysia for a day of activities as sort of like a staff bonding thing which I think is really cool. I haven't been to Malaysia yet so I'm excited to go. How many people can say they go to Malaysia for their staff retreats?

At the school right now the students are writing exams which means that there aren't any classes, instead there are mass exams writing times. I have invigilated a few exams which essentially means wandering about giving kids stink eye if they look suspicious and making sure no one is up to anything dodgy. It's a bit strange to be on the other side of the exam, after spending so many years writing them myself.

As well, this weekend is yet another long weekend. If you've been counting that makes three in a row. So I am happy to have another extra day to loaf about and Iain got a bathing suit last weekend so maybe we will finally find out way to a beach without getting rained on.

Still getting showered in random spurts of support from back home and it's making things easier every day. Knowing there are lots of eyes on me cheering me on makes it all the more important that I rock this thing. Thanks everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Love happy 'news' and this certainly is for you!

    .... and did you know that you also have a short week, next week? It is Vesak Day on Tuesday 17th.

    We have so many holidays here that sometimes it is hard to keep track of. But you can always check on the MOM web site for all declared public holidays.

    ReplyDelete