Thursday, May 5, 2011

Three Day Weekend: Round Three

Now I wouldn't want anyone to get the idea that we don't work very hard here in Singapore, but I can't resist the chance to brag that I have another three day weekend ahead of me. I have absolutely no plans yet, and I know I'm going to have at least 80 exam papers to mark after the students write them this afternoon. However, I really love that I've had this many long weekends because the weekend is the time that I can keep a crazy weird sleep schedule and be awake to call my friends and loved ones back in Canada. 12 hours is a very weird time difference and it usually means that during the week if I want to talk to people I have to speak to them early in my morning before work, which is their evening, or right before I go to bed which is their morning. Either way there's usually a lot of sleepiness and not a lot of clarity of thought. So on the weekend I tend to nap in the afternoons so that I can stay up later at night and get the prime afternoon time when I can Skype people back home.

Exam marking is probably going to be eating my soul soon so if I don't post on here in the next little but I assure you it's not because I'm dead or anything, just busy. Hopefully I will get a bit of a break somewhere in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment