Sunday, May 8, 2011

Two Months

Today marks two months since I first touched down on this little Island. It feels like it's been much longer than that and working at Starbucks and hanging out in Kingston, walking through miserable snow seems like a distant memory.

Thinking back on leaving it was one of the hardest things I've done. Walking through the gate into this world was one of the most painful, exciting, sad things I've ever done. Being this far away from home and the people who love me hasn't been easy but it gets a little better as time passes. I miss Canada deeply, I long for the beautiful time of year I know it is there when the snow melts and the air is fresh and the trees are budding. It's getting hotter here and the humidity is oppressive but I like the sunshine and my skin is turning a golden brown.

I guess this adventure is still just starting but it's certainly been an interesting one so far. Thanks for following and for reading my blog, even if it isn't always the most lucid thought train around...

No comments:

Post a Comment