Thursday, March 17, 2011

Challenges

The last few days have been full of challenges. I kind of feel like I'm on a reality TV show. Find your way from your apartment to the Ikea on the bus: 10 points. Manage to assemble the crazy Swedish items you purchased without the aid of tools or anyone else: 10 points. Find your way across the country to your friends house using one bus and three trains: 15 points.

Each challenge I have met alone. Even just being alone most of the time is a challenge, deciding what to do and how to do it every day without anyone else there can be kind of scary. I'm used to having friends and family and Ben around, and here I have just about no one. My other teaching friends live so far away that it's almost insane to try and visit them any time other than the weekend. And those are the only two friends I have here so far.

The thing is though, I have been so proud of myself when I've met these challenges. I can find my way to wherever I need to, I can figure out and organize on my own anything I need for my living space. I am truly independent here. I hope soon that I fill my life with more friends and I'm sure it will come, but for now it's pretty much just me.

Oh, and I took those pictures and posted them on photobucket of my new apartment, in case you need the address again it's http://s1105.photobucket.com/albums/h343/Bea_Jolley/Singapore/

No comments:

Post a Comment