Thursday, March 3, 2011

St, Hilda's

Today my Dad and I packed up the few remnants of my life into the back of his car and bid farewell to Kingston. It was incredibly hard to say goodbye to everyone, especially Ben, and know that it might be a very long time before I'm back in the Limestone city. At the very least I know that I will be a very different person when I get back.

Tomorrow night is my flight, it's going to be an epic 14 hour journey just to get to Korea. I've got my suitcases packed and my carryon almost all sorted out. It's weird to see your life condensed into two suitcases.

I got an e-mail yesterday that I am going to be teaching at St. Hilda's Anglican Secondary School. This worries me a little, I won't lie. I am no Anglican.

I don't have anything against them, I just didn't think that teaching with the Ministry of Education would involve religion. I e-mailed the resource person who is an overseas teacher and asked him about it, he assures me that it will be a diverse school with many religions and that the Anglican part is mostly a historical thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment