Sunday, March 13, 2011

Videos

I took some videos today because Ben was saying even with photos he doesn't really feel like he gets a true sense of what my life here is like so I thought I would test out my fancy new camera's ability to take videos. Then I got to have the adventure of learning how to post them to YouTube, but learning new things is what it's all about, right?

So I took a video of the MRT here, to show you how easy the transit is and what it looks like. Getting onto the MRT is this video:


Then I took one of me getting off the MRT so you could see how the card system works with how you pay. It's a chip card that you keep in your wallet and you just tap your wallet on the sensor and the bars open so you can leave. It charges you for your trip based on the distance that you travelled so it's very cool and easy to use. I have taken the MRT now through lots of Singapore and it's always been really safe and quick and easy to use, even late at night I don't have any trouble. Other than people oggling me because I'm a very white lady with very blue eyes, but it's never a negative oggle.




The next one is outside the Outram station so you could all see what a street looks like here and all of the lush greenery.



Then the last video I took was walking towards my hotel at Tiong Bahru so that you could see what the roads look like and the trees. I made a mistake in this video, the cab said "Low Crime Isn't No Crime" but I got it mixed around. If the videos are successful and seem like a smash, then I will take some of my new area in Tampines when I move there and maybe of my school and a Hawker Centre or Little India or Chinatown. Where would you like to see?

1 comment:

  1. The MRT system seems very similar to the one in Korea, which I loved. I found it was a real pain coming back to Windsor / London style public transit after that experience.

    ReplyDelete