Saturday, March 5, 2011

Korea!

As I write this I am tucked away in a dark corner of the airport in Seoul, South Korea. I am on a 12 hours stop over between Toronto and Singapore. It was a 14 hour flight but it wasn't too bad. I had a window seat and the seat between myself and another lady who was alone was empty so we had some space to stretch out and spread our stuff.

When I went to the airport in Toronto to check in they stopped me and I had to sign a waiver that if the Singapore customs people send me back to Canada when I get there I won't hold Korean Air responsible because I don't have a return flight booked and they might not beleive my work contract and documents. So that was an exciting way to start my trip! I'm hoping that it doesn't happen and I think I should be ok.

I've got a nasty cold right now so I spent the flight sneezing and blowing my nose which surely made the other passengers happy. I ate a lot of Halls and used up a pack and a half of Kleenex. Luckily I was able to use the cold medicine pills I brought and they knocked me out so I got about 8 hours of sleep on the plane. I also watched the King's Speech and ate Bibibibop and Rice and Green Tea Porridge which were both actually quite good.

I might be hooking up with my friend Laura while I'm in Seoul, I'm not sure yet if we will be able to or not. I also don't know if I will be able to find a place where I can plug my laptop in so I'm trying to conserve precious battery power. At least the wireless here works, because the wireless in Toronto didn't on my laptop for some reason.

Right now I'm waiting until the stores all open so I can buy a phone card and call Ben and get something to eat. Hey, maybe I'll be luck and there will be a Starbucks somewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment